Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Journalism Blog

http://journalism.nyu.edu/pubzone/weblogs/pressthink/

The blog labelled above is an excellent blog on current journalism techniques and topics. Before I checked it out (prior to this assignment), I didn't know a lot about some of the debates that people were having. The most recent post, the article on the "he said, she said" debates in journalism really caught my attention. Actually, it's what inspired me to write the blog post before this one.

While I was deep into my thoughts after reading the article, I started to think about how there are some aspects of the media field that I don't necessarily understand. The "he said, she said" debates for example, I knew of them, but I just never thought about it when I was reading the articles. As a reader, I was more interested in the story and the fight, and it never occurred to me that the writer would have had a tough decision to make.

After I read this article, I was interested to see what else this blog had to offer. As I scrolled through some of the older posts, I noticed that some of the postings necessarily don't catch my attention, but that's not to say it's a bad blog. Some of the articles I would stop and read, and once again, they would make me think. As a future reference, and when I have spare time, I will check back on this blog to see about any other interesting topics that might come up.

1 comment:

  1. You've got some interesting thoughts here. Sounds like discussion around a table at a pub. Some of this is deep stuff. Big topics for our society to be dealing with.

    Keep thinking outloud!

    ReplyDelete