Tuesday, September 8, 2009

A Blogging Start

I have always been interested in reading and writing since I was little. I would spend countless hours in my room, indulging in the latest fictional tale that I could find. Now that I am older, I still spend countless hours in my room reading. I sometimes feel that my television feels neglected, since I would rather pick up a book than a remote. Some people state that it is impossible for them to read for long hours on end, or they just cannot find the time. Other people I come across tell me that they think reading a little bit everyday helps to keep your mind sharp and focused.

With this blog, I am looking forward to producing my own writing, and establishing my own voice. It has always been a goal of mine to get my voice and my writing out into the world. With the advance of technology, I have the ability to do just that. What I will use this blog for is still a little fuzzy, but I hope it will all focus around the world of reading and writing. Since that is such a broad field to cover, I'm hoping that many topics will fit into it.

I am currently wrapping up my 5th and final year as a student in the Technical & Professional Communications field, therefore, I do a lot of writing and editing. A lot of people I meet find this to be boring and tedious work. I find the written word fascinating. Not only can you express thoughts, ideas, feelings, and emotions, but you can share them with anyone else who takes the time to read your writing. As a writer, I hope to share some interesting thoughts with my readers, and possibly any experiences that I think are worth reading about.

Finally, with this blog, and with my classes this semester as well, I hope to achieve more skills in the area of writing. I love to write, and other writing, but I know my writing and editing skills can improve. I would like to focus on these areas and build on them. The English language is always changing, adding new grammatical rules, and getting rid of old ones. I would like to look into these changes, and see what other people think about them as well. Also, with technology changing, I would like expand on my knowledge of digital writing and editing.

I look forward to hearing comments from the readers out there, and learning what others think on the topics I discuss. Until then, I'm going to keep reading and writing, and I'll check back in soon.

1 comment:

  1. Joe,
    I hope this blog is a place for you to explore, share ideas and continue to write. Even if it means short bursts or ramblings of ideas. Writing is contagious and it's extremely beneficial to you.

    ReplyDelete