Monday, October 19, 2009

Update on 417 Project

Since I finally figured out what I wanted to do for my project, I have been scribbling down ideas for a bunch of posts. Each post I want to be different, but I want them all to have a purpose to them, where you can get a lot of information from each post. I figure that each one should be about a page in length.

I also figured that I was going to start writing them up using Word, and then I would transfer them into the blog when I was ready. I don't want to have this website up, and then have people reading it, wanting more, when I'm not finished. I would rather have numerous posts up to get started, and then keep adding to it.

I do like the idea of interviewing people around campus, getting their thoughts on where to eat and where to hang out. I want this to blog to be used by a massive audience, incoming freshmen who are interested in more facts about Ferris, and also students who might be interested in switching to Ferris.

Where it stands, I currently have about 20 separate pages (which will turn into their own separate blog posts) thought out. I will include an introduction that explains what this blog will be used for as well. Right now, I am focusing on writing each blog and saving them to my computer, and then I will create the blog and start plugging each one in.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a good plan for the beginning of the blog. Also, I love that we talk about this before or after a class and a post for this blog "magically" appears! =] See you Wednesday Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a very good plan. Blogs sometimes start fast and then bog down - having a pile of entries ready to go should be very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice planning Joe. It sounds like your project will provide some useful information that can't be found in many other places. Having a bunch of pages together before you post them is a great idea. Good luck and I can't wait to see the finished product!

    ReplyDelete